Cannabis slang has evolved over the years and has become a language of its own, with various terms used to refer to different strains, effects, and methods of consuming cannabis.
For those new to the cannabis culture, the jargon can be overwhelming and confusing. Understanding these terms is crucial, as they play an essential role in discussions surrounding cannabis use, and can help individuals make informed decisions.
In this article, we will provide a comprehensive glossary of common cannabis slang and their meanings, helping readers navigate the world of cannabis with ease.
- Weed – another name for cannabis.
- Pot – another name for cannabis.
- Mary Jane – another name for cannabis.
- Bud – the actual flower part of the cannabis plant.
- Joint – a cigarette-like roll of cannabis.
- Blunt – a cigar-like roll of cannabis.
- Bong – a water pipe used to smoke cannabis.
- Dab – a concentrated form of cannabis.
- Hash (hashish) – a concentrated form of cannabis made from the resin of the plant.
- Edibles – food products infused with cannabis, often in the form of gummies, chocolates, or baked goods.
- 420 – a term used to refer to cannabis or the act of smoking cannabis.
- Ganja – another name for cannabis, often associated with Jamaican culture.
- Hydro – cannabis that is grown hydroponically, without soil.
- Skunk – a strain of cannabis with a very strong smell.
- Sativa – a species of cannabis known for its uplifting, energizing effects.
- Indica – a species of cannabis known for its relaxing, sedative effects.
- THC – the psychoactive compound in cannabis that produces the “high” sensation.
- CBD – a non-psychoactive compound in cannabis that has therapeutic properties.
- Resin – the sticky substance produced by the cannabis plant, which contains THC and other cannabinoids.
- Roach – the end of a joint or blunt that is left over after smoking.
- Marijuana – the dried leaves and flowers of the cannabis plant – the weakest form